.

Welcome to My HO Model Railroad Blog

March 5, 2022, New to my layout - Heavy Weight Lounge Car

 

I's been awhile since I have updated my Blog, growing old is the pits!!  I tore up my Control Panel January 2021 to make some modifications and got caught by a bad case of Arthritis most likely due to the weather change.  Its still unfinished, can't run my trains.

Being stuck in my recliner and or my computer chair I have been working at my workbench as much as my Arthritis will allow.

Below is a project that consumed quite a bit of my time, I love working with tiny people.

I had the working parts to create a Heavy Weight Lounge car so here is a Mel creation.

 

 

I bought this shell off eBay and it needs some surgery.

  

It became a donor for the Athearn Diner car soon to be Lounge car.  

  

 

 

I needed max head room so I filled the depression in the middle of the Athearn floor with #8 bird shot then covered the small bbs with Styrene sheet.

 

 

 


 

I mounted sockets in the floor for the tables with the LED lamps. 

 


 

I mounted a 2K ten turn pot on the floor in the doorway to adjust the LED brightness.

 




 The staff room lighting is finished.

 




 

This is the shell mounted connector for the over head LEDs in the lounge.

 

 

This shows the connectors for the overhead lighting mounted to the shell (female) and floor (male).  The two connectors slip together when the shell is slipped on to the floor, no loose wiring.

 

Partially occupied and LEDs on.
 

The drinking glasses are 1mm diameter fiber optic cable approximately ⅛" long.

 


 





Interior finished.

 






 

 

 

 


1 comment:

mark said...


Very cool build!! You did a great job,and gave me some ideas for

a company presidents car I plan on building. I love the lamp in the

fote ground of the one picture. It reminds me of the 70's.