.

Welcome to My HO Model Railroad Blog

May 5, 2020 My HO scale M38 Jeep



I was down a our local park with my great grand daughter when I stepped on something in the grass.  It was a tiny military jeep, M38.  It looked like I had been there for years.  Marked on the bottom was 1:87.  Needless to say it went in to my pocket.

When I got home I cleaned it up and the wheels were in perfect condition, the windshield was broken on one corner but other wise it was in very good shape.

It cleaned up very nicely as you can see.


I cut out the floor boards to make room for the passengers legs.


I cut a small piece of clear Styrene for the window glass.




I installed 1206 chip LEDs for headlights and taillight.

I painted it civilian metallic gray with tan seats and the traditional Red Jerry Can.

For a lost and found kids toy I ended up with a very nice jeep for my layout.