.

Welcome to My HO Model Railroad Blog

Apil 15,2020 Kenworth tractor & trailer Lighting


This is my first attempt at a complex LED lit vehicle.  1mm micro bulbs would have been much easier and faster.  I can't find a source for the 1mm 1½ volt micro bulbs so I'm stuck using LEDs.





I still have to paint the roof to cover up my errors then trim the marker fibers.






Even working on the bottom is a problem, the #36 Litz wire has a mind of its own.




The marker LEDs turned out pretty good but the taillights need work.





I went with a polarized micro connector between tractor and trailer (polarized because of the LEDs).

All the rest of my vehicles operate on 1.4 volts and use a Mel connector to the road for power, I decided to go with Arduino connectors on my LED lit vehicles to prevent having the ability to plug in a 1.4 volt vehicle into a 12 volt socket would be very bad.





I'll trim the marker fibers after I paint the roof.





When it's finished I'll update this post with a finished picture.

The LEDs are all installed, wired and working.

The 1206 LEDs were a bit large for the taillights so I ordered some 0603 LEDs, they are not easy to work with.



As this picture shows the tiny 0603 compared to a 1206, the 1206 is below Roosevelt's ear and the 0603 is near his nose.
 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice Post!!
Please look here at Lithium Ion Battery

Anonymous said...

Boy, you really know what you are doing. I wish I was knowledgeable enough to go that deep.😊