.

Welcome to My HO Model Railroad Blog
This Blog is about my HO Model Railroad Hobby and how I model the Southern Pacific from my memories of the mid 1950s era as a teenager. I wrote a short synopsis of my back ground that can be found by going to my About Me page.

My layout is set in the mid 1950s in the Southern New Mexico/West Texas area. I grew up in El Paso Texas during the end of the Steam Era and lived in Alamogordo, NM during the 1960s & 70s. My wife and I are both retired and now reside in Bakersfield California. We have lived on both ends of the Southern Pacific Cab Forward Southern Route.


I recently learned that my type of layout is referred to as a "Twice Around", the mainline is one long double loop up and over it's self.


This is a simple track layout drawing of my Model Railroad.





My layout is essentially a modification of John Allen's first Gorre and Daphetid layout, he was and still is my model railroading mentor.


You can click on the colored text to follow the links.


I moved the About Me & My Layout articles to their own page because they seldom change.
Updated December 5, 2014

To go to my current Locomotive Inventory click here.
Updated September 14, 2015

To go to my additional pages scroll down to the bottom of my Blog, there are links to navigate my blog as well as other model railroad interests.

            You can send inquires by email by clicking on the link below  

melsmodelrailroad@gmail.com


I respond to all inquires about My Model Railroad.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my Blog!
Mel