.

Welcome to My HO Model Railroad Blog

March 15, 2020 1951 Rolls Royce

I'm one that really enjoys watching mysteries and one of my favorites is Nero Wolff.  He owns an Rolls Royce Phantom so I had to get one for my layout.  I used the car in the DVD videos to properly paint his car.



I mixed my own Acrylic paints to match the car.  Here I have drilled out the front grill assemble and glued in the three 1mm 1½ volt bulbs.
 
Next I built up a .03" diameter fiber driver using a fourth 1mm bulb for the taillights.



Checking the headlights to make sure they work
 

Here I have installed the lamp driver  and prewired the three headlights.



I have chopped up a couple of 1:87 figures and painted Nero and his right hand detective Archie.  I installed the two .03" contact brass rods and connected all four bulbs and it's ready for assembly.



The finished Phantom ready to be installed on one of the many vehicle spots that have the brass tubing contact.



This is a nice addition to my layout.  Next will be a 1938 Elery Queen Packard Coupe.

No comments: