.

Welcome to My HO Model Railroad Blog

June 2nd Below the Monkey Deck

The Rivarossi Cab Forwards have a hole below the Monkey Deck that is just slightly smaller than the NMRA 8 pin DCC connector.  I enlarged it a bit for the connector to drop in.  It is the perfect location for the pig-tail from the tender to easily plug in.  The Monkey Deck platform can be removed without damage using an X-ACTO knife and being very careful.

 
Posted by Picasa

This is the rear view of my Cab Forward #4294 with the 8 pin NMRA DCC connector mounted in the hole below the Monkey Deck.  I will paint the wires flat black between the cylinders and steam chest so they are not seen then I will glue the Monkey Deck platform back in place.


The Monkey Deck is glued back with the DCC connector in Place.

No comments: