.

Welcome to My HO Model Railroad Blog

August 23, 2017 More Arduino Stuff

Having found how many things I can use the Arduino processors for they are constantly in my model railroad foreground.  I normally use the Arduino UNO & MEGA for my projects but the NANO has the same processing power as the UNO with a much smaller footprint.

Because of the Gadget Guy in me I need expansion boards for interfacing and circuit components.  I haven't been able to find an expansion board that fits the NANO so I make them myself.

I went with double side prototype PCB 5x7cm tinned universal development boards and cut them to fit the NANO.  Full size they will also fit the UNO.

One 5x7cm board will make three NANO expansion boards.  The 5x7cm PCB Perf Boards can be found on eBay doing a "double side prototype PCB 5x7cm tinned universal development board" search.

I cut the boards using a #11 Xacto blade down a row of solder holes.  I score the board on both sides about five time then gently bend it back and forth several times.  The board will break leaving a rough edge but they clean up nicely using 100 grit sandpaper.



The picture below is the NANO interface / 5 volt regulator for my camera car. 





 
The expansion board works out very well to hold miscellaneous parts and connectors for the Arduino micro computer.



No comments: